Monday, December 14, 2009

When Club Dredd Was Still In Katipunan: Mainstreet By Bob Seger




Back when I was in college, I remember when everybody was hanging in Where Else, Faces or Mars, I friend of mine mentioned a place where they played rock music called "Red Rock" which was later renamed "Club Dredd" which today is one of the best spots for up-and-coming or famous rock bands to play in. When he told me about, I thought I finally found a place where I can go to and listen to the kind of music that I like while a brew with my friends and brothers. It did not disappoint as the drinks were cheap and the music as the company that you came with that night. I remember my friends' band who performed on stage and earned a good and more importantly, the good times that I had with everyone there. The song "Mainstreet" by Bob Seger echoes the memories of those great times that I had way back then.

Every time I hung out with my friends at that joint, I felt I was with my own people in a home away from home. A few good beers with a good was enough to make the evening cool. The best part of it all was that many of my friends from school who also had the same interest as me were there. We'd exchanged warm greetings, tell stories as we enjoyed our drinks and the music the band played which can't be beat. When the show was over , there was always the Schawarma shop to fill our bellies after a hard partying. After we had our fill, it was to head on home and rest zonked-out heads as another successful gimick came to a close.

Well I don't party much anymore and I heard that it has opened again at Libis(If anyone know of any updates to the bar's status, please put in my comments section). By this time, I guess the crowd is different and so is the music. I just they carry on the great party times that we use to do. I had a lot of fond memories of that place because for once, I found my own stomping ground and many of my friends were there too. I wish I had a copy of the group photo my friend took of us that night the bar closed and we sat on the stage. It was great bar with a lot of great memories to boot and I'll treasure all of them for the rest of my life.

No comments: