Friday, December 11, 2009

Missing Felonius And That Feeling Of Desperation: Midnight Cruiser By Steely Dan




Man with the way things are, I am really getting depressed. It's bad enough that life is hard and you can barely get by. What makes it worse is that all the haunts that you go to and people you shared them with are no longer there. It's as if the world suddenly changed and you find yourself all alone with time having passed you by. The realization of that change and disappearance of all things you know makes me feel like listening to the song "Midnight Cruiser" by Steely Dan.

You can say that this is a continuation of my melancholic state. Right now, I wish Felonius was here cause I'd shake his hand, have drink and remember the good old days. Unfortunately, all my "Feloniuses" are M.IA. at a time I'd like to see them the most. When there's no one around and everything so different while your still in a rut sure is a real downer. I guess this is the consequence of wasting all that time and opportunity. You only get to go around the world once and you'll be lucky to get a second chance.

If I have a car, I'd go for a drive and see the sights just to chase the cobwebs out of my brain. I don't know where I would go but where that place is better than the one that I left behind. If the midnight cruiser were to pass by, I'd hitch a ride to where he's going. Being another gentleman loser, I'm sure he'll give me a ride. Hopefully, he'll take to where the good times are and where all the familiar faces would would light up and smile.

No comments: