Tuesday, December 8, 2009

When We Carry On For Those Who Are Gone: Leader Of The Band By Dan Fogelberg




I know that this is a little out of season for the month but I'm feeling melancholic about the way things are so why not? In two weeks, it'll be my birthday again. Right now, I'm taking stock of where I am and where I'm heading to. When I think about what others have accomplished before me, that thought is starting to grow heavy on my mind. Thinking about that makes me want to listen to the song "Leader Of The Band" by Dan Fogelberg.

Right now I think about what others before me have accomplished compared to where I am now. I also think about generations past and how strong they were not give in to despair. They went through tougher times yet they still came out on top. Though things were simpler, back then the trials that they overcame and the accomplishments that they've made really makes us want to think about how our lives are right now. I want to make like they did and that's best way to honor those guys worked for what they built for us to enjoy.

I've made a lot of mistakes that's true. And it's seems that I have hard time shifting to the next gear. Be that as it may, I am determined to get things right. I know a lot of time and opportunities have been wasted but that's water under the bridge. If there was anything I wish for on my birthday is that I finally get things right and all that I am working will finally bear fruit. That's the only way I can honor the leader of the band.

No comments: