Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Here's Hoping That Next Year Will Be Better/To Those Who Make Feel Better: Hey Jude By The Beatles




Well, in a few days it will round two of the holiday celebrations. Right now, I can't believe that new year will soon be here and as I look back, I remember all that's both good and bad. I have to admit I didn't this year very much because though it started out well, there was too much bad blood that came out. Yet in those bad times, there were people who gave me some support that things will work out in the end. When I think about all my hopes for the coming new year and the people who gave me support when I needed it, I remember the song "Hey Jude" by The Beatles.

From what I read from Wikipedia, Paul Macartney wrote this song for Julian Lennon but John thought the song was either about him or Paul. Anyway, this song is about lifting the spirits of those who were at an emotional low. I had to admit, I have been that way since the second have of this year when all that commotion started. Despite a temporary lull, things got blown out again, not to mention another set of disappointments that really added insult to injury. Thankfully though, things calmed down just in time for the holidays as everyone like we used to which is what I had hoped for and allayed my fears.

I just hope that next year will be a better year. That of course will depend on what we have learned from this year. My biggest frustration is that my efforts haven't bore any results after so much consultation and research. I hope next year will be the year. Despite all my personal wishes, one thing that I do hope is that bonds will once again be strengthen and the good times will here again and I thank all those who made me realize that things will better if I truly believe in them.

No comments: