Sunday, January 13, 2013

Wishing To Go Back To The Old Days: Long Way From Home By Krokus


Yesterday a friend of mine called me and asked a favor from me.  After we briefly talked, he said "let's catch up sometime".  As I put the phone down, I was thinking the exact same thing.  As I look at the strands of grey hair that's starting to increase on my head and my beard, I really just how long it has been since those glory days when we all together and there was not a care in the world and how I wish to go back.  Having that thought in my mind reminds of the song "Long Way From Home" by Krokus.

Man back then, you thought you can do anything.  You had your friends and   a whole lot of time to waste.  Even though you didn't have money, there was always something to do and something to trip on.  No responsibilities and a lot of time to spare and you get to spend it with cool dudes.  A lot of it was spent on feeling and that was good enough.  Ah those were the days.

These days it's a different story.  A lot of pressure and a lot of commitments and everybody have their fair share of it that it occupies their daily lives.  All I have left are the memories of those great times and they come alive whenever I hear a 24K tune. Well, at least those were some good times.  Though I can't go back, it'll do.


No comments: