Wednesday, January 30, 2013

These Days, The Wind Can Be Very Fickle: Cast Your Fate To The Wind By Shelby Flint


A long time I go I remember when the management of the company I was working for suddenly changed ownership.  Everybody what they're going to do if they get cut.  At the time, I told, I'll go where the wind takes me.  That was easier said than done because getting work after that was long and difficult process I have never forgotten.  Every time I hear the song "Cast Your Fate To The Wind" by Shelby Flint, I remember that gamble and the hardship that followed.

I remember the day that I was told that our section was also on the list of people who would be replaced and sadly, I packed up my things and collect my last paycheck from those guys.  Thus began another bad period in my life as I struggled to pick up the pieces and spent a lot of time applying for a job and taking care of things at the house.  It took me a long while to get a job again and although it pays lower, at least I'm working again.  It was long dark period in my life that I will never forget because that's the second time things really went bad for me. Even now what through during time still haunts me and as a result, I am very careful about making decisions that could affect me in a big because I can't afford another dive.

I'll tell you the experience leaves you grounded because you were hoping that the wind would take you somewhere but my case, I almost ended up nowhere.  I'm not saying that I afraid to take risks but I just saying that you have to know what you're getting into before you commit yourself.  That's when I see people who suddenly fell into hard times, my heart goes out to them because I know the feeling to have everything taken away from you.  The wind these days can be too fickle and too light of anyone's sails to get them going.  That's you can't just rely on the wind anymore if you want get somewhere because you don't if it's strong enough to take you there or if it will take you there at all.


No comments: