Thursday, January 3, 2013

A Small, Bright And Guilty Pleasure During Another Dismal Year: What If (Remo's Theme) By Tommy Shaw




Though the holidays are now over, I still haven't gotten over the disappointment brought about by what happened this past month.  This reminds of me of third year high school when everything started out so well only to fall apart in the end.  One of the few bright spots that happened was when my obnoxious classmate took me to watch a movie called "Remo Willians:  Unarmed And Dangerous" starring Fred Ward about a guy who saves the world and learns a weird martial art in the process.  What I also like about the film was the theme song by Tommy Shaw called "What If (Remo's Theme)".

Being a martial arts buff, I wanted the film because I was curious to see what kind of style he mastered.  One thing's for sure, it made him light as air and fast as lightning.  It was a shallow film but I was entertained by the stunts as well as the fight scenes.  You can say that it help put my mind off all the disappointments that happened that time even though it was just for the moment.  That's why I'm still fond of that film.

Right now I still have to find a good diversion from from the mood that's clouding my mind.  I'm worried and miserable and that's definitely not the way to start the year.  Will things get better and issues get resolved?  I really I don't know.  Still this is a new year and hopefully there's new hope so till then, I'll keep on trying.




No comments: