Monday, January 7, 2013

Count Yourself Lucky Then But It May Still Happen To You: Nothing Bad Ever Ha[ppens To Me By Oingo Boingo



My spirits are still low after the debacle that happened last year.  But when I look around me, I realize that a lot of other people got it worse.  Some had to spend the holidays in the hospital due to illness or injury while others were not able to celebrate due to the fact that they were victims of a calamity that occurred in their area.  For those who had it good, better count your blessings.  When I think about those people who had it good last year, it reminds of Oingo Boingo's song "Nothing Bad Ever Happens To Me".

Every time I tune in to the news, there's always something bad going on.  Someone got robbed, scammed, hurt or worse.  These were people who were going about their lives only to have some jerk who didn't want to get a job victimize them or in some cases, were in the wrong place at the wrong time.  I myself had my share of bad trips this year and it seems that no matter how much I try, crap always happens.

Still, there are those people who have made through the year unscathed and even got lucky at that.  These guys ought to count their blessings.  They were the lucky ones and should be thankful for it.  They shouldn't complain that nothing happens to them.  I don't they can take it let alone like if some bad really did happen.


No comments: