Thursday, January 24, 2013

Don't Rely On Others Too Much: Waiting For A Friend By Roger Daltrey (The Who)


I hate to admit it but one bad habit that I have is relying too much on others.  Over time, I realized that that can be the worst type of addiction of you can get.  You know no longer think or do things for yourself.  Worst part about it is that you rely on others too much to the point that you always think that they will always be there but reality they won't.  When I came to that realization, it reminded me of the song "Waiting For A Friend" by Roger Daltrey (The Who).

Just because people helped a couple of times doesn't that they're a;ways there to pick up after you.  There are times where they won't be there or the problem is too much for them to solve.  The worst part about it is that this will drive your friends away.  This is because they're going to think that you're just using them or taking advantage of your generosity.  Nobody wants to hang out with someone like that.

These days I do my best to accomplish tasks on my own.  The more I do on my own, the more independent I feel because I didn't rely on others or didn't make them solve my problems.  That's what it's all about because even if people are willing to help, in the end it's something that you have to solve.  They won't be there all the time so don't wait.  Do what you can at least until help arrives.

    

No comments: