Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Still Lamenting The Closure Of My Favorite Radio Program: Come And Get These Memories By Martha And The Vandellas



Slept badly last Sunday when I heard my favorite radio program 24K was again taken off the air.  It sure left such a bad taste in my mouth that I want to punch whoever suggested this idea.  Unlike other nostalgia programs, 24K featured some of the most rare songs that were seldom played by other stations both then and now and more importantly, each song reflected memories of good times long gone.  When memories come alive as the song play on air it reminds of Martha and the Vandellas' song "Come And Get The Memories".

As I've said earlier, every memory that I have is reflected in every 24K song.  The good, the bad and even the ugly are all embodied in every song.  This is especially true for their one-hit songs and rare hits that were played when I was growing up.  The great weekends, the special people and good times are in each tune that 's me back to the past and everything all right.  It's the next best thing to a time machine and darn it, they took it off the air again.

Still, I have hope.  This program is too good to be taken off the air.  These songs are priceless and I will never tire of them.  I hope the management rethinks this because they are making a big mistake.  Right now I will bide my time and what for its return. When it does, the memories will come alive again with every song.




No comments: