Saturday, December 8, 2012

I Guess The Radio Will Remain Off Again: Bedside Radio By Krokus



This morning I tuned in to my favorite radio program "24K Weekend" to listen to those rare and gold hits that were part of my youth.  As I sipped my coffee, I almost spat it out when I heard the dj say that this was the final edition of the said program.  I spent most of the day listening to the good old songs til my MP4's batteries wore out.  The worst part of it was the fact that I couldn't get a request in as fans kept the phone lines busy asking for their favorite 24k tunes.  When I hear the song "Bedside Radio" by Krokus, I feel kinda sad that once my favorite program has been axed.


I have often mentioned in my posts that before all these musical gadgets came out, all I had was the radio at my bedside where I would turn it and good music would start my day. I seldom bought tapes (there were no disc or internet to download from) because good was everywhere.  As I grew,  I noticed that all the good tunes were starting to disappear.  When it came to the point where I could no longer relate with the crap they play on air nowadays, 24K was my refuge for all the good tunes.


Well this isn't the first time, that 24K went off the air.  I don't what those blockheads are thinking when they came up with this idea.  Still, a program so good won't be down for long.  I believe one day 24K will again fill the airwaves with music that's got a lot of soul.  Till then, I'll listen to my collection or maybe stream a video at youtube till 24K returns and I know it will.



No comments: