Thursday, December 27, 2012

Christmas Blues: Blues For Christmas By John Lee Hooker



I didn't blog yesterday.  I didn't have the strength for it as the Christmas I spent was ruined  What was supposed the most sacred of days and most joyous turned out to be a very cruel let down.  It left all of us who were present feeling very disappointed.  This is the reason why I'm blogging with the song "Blues For Christmas" by John Lee Hooker.

We spent practically a week to prepare for this occasion and it sure stressed me out.  The only thing that I ask for is that WE are ALL TOGETHER on Christmas Day.  Sadly, that didn't turn out to be as I waited in vain for nothing. It sure put a damper on my mood as the clock struck twelve and we all called it a night.  Instead of feeling thankful, I slept with anger and disappointment and for once in my life, I was glad to go to work the next day.  It was one of the worse Christmas I ever spent.

This is one of the few years where my Christmas fears had come true and boy do I hate it.  It looks like we end year and start the year with one heck of a problem.  Whatever jingle bells I had has been silenced and the merry has now become lousy.  The only place where I can take solace in the afternoon lunch break naps at the office where I finally the rest that I didn't get during my break.  Blues for Christmas sure is a bummer!


1 comment:

John B. Marine said...

I'm sorry to read this about your Christmas 2012. I had a pretty cool time, but I was mostly watching basketball most of the day. Yeah... Christmas can be pretty stressing. Hope the new year brings you more happiness and good fortune. Take care!

johnbmarine.blogspot.com