Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Wish The Good Times Were Back Again: Bring It Back Again By The Stray Cats


Weekends haven't been the same since 24K got axed again.  It was my only escape from all pressure and stress that bears down on me every week.  It took me back to the times when life was fun and friends were always there.  It was the next best thing to bringing back to the good times and with the way things are, I'm beginning to wish that I was back in those days.  This urge to go back in time when all the 24K songs were new and fun times abound remind of the song "Bring It Back Again" by The Stray Cats.

As I've mentioned in a lot of my previous posts, I sure miss the days of my youth when things were always fun.  Although I seldom had money, there was always something going on during the weekend.  Most of all, we were listening to a lot of the songs that you can only find on 24K.  They were brand new back then and they were played during the days of my life.

Today is really a different story.  I don't recognize the songs on the radio anymore.  Friends are now hard to find and are busy with their own problems.  Worst part of it is that is that the good times have been replaced with problems ranging from money to family.  Sadly those good times are now just a memory that I hold on to when things are tough.  Though they can't be brought back, I wish they'd bring back the 24K Weekend Program which is the next best thing so that I can listen to those rare songs that were played during the best of times.




No comments: