Saturday, March 23, 2013

Reminds Of The Fun Times That I Had During The Summer: Here At The Western World By Steely Dan




In two days, school will officially be over and that marks the beginning of the summer break.  Right now I'm a jealous at the kids cause they now get to kick back and take it easy after a hard year of studying.  Makes me miss the good old days when March, April and May were the best months of the year.  Those months were bliss cause there was always something good to do and you were never bored or pressured all that time.  Remembering how I use to enjoy the summer with my friends and brothers reminds me of the song "Here At The Western World" by Steely Dan.

I really made it a point to pass all my subjects at the end of the school year.  That way I could really enjoy the summer without the worrying about summer classes.  After that, it was anything goes as my brothers and I  would either go to a friends house, watch a movie or go to a party.  Even when we didn't have money or the means to go out, sometimes the gimmicks would come to us as our friends would drop by with some eats, drinks and other "party favorites".  There was never a dull moment when the summer rolled in.

Well, student life has long passed me by.  These days I still go to work throughout those three months even when the temperature is scorching hot.  When I see the smiles on those kids, it really takes me back to the times when the summer was the time of the year.  Well I hope the enjoy the summer as long they can.  I sure did.


No comments: