Saturday, March 30, 2013

A Little Shaky But Still Holding On The Faith: Thy Word By Amy Grant



Well tomorrow will be Easter Sunday signaling the end of the Lenten Week and more importantly, celebrating the resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ.  It hasn't been an easy Holy Week.  I was not as steadfast as I usually am during Lent for too many distractions as well as too many bad news that hit me real hard.  Still I do my best to remember that this is a time for sacrifice as well as strengthening one's faith and that I must never forget the words of the Lord that will guide me through troubled times.  Right now I am listening to the song "Thy Word" by Amy Grant to help me stay on track.

This Lenten Week got off to a really shaky start and the latest bomb that I receive didn't do much to strengthen my faith.  Right now I am trying to fend off doubt, disappointment and anger and am trying to stay focus on the importance of Lent.  Even if it's a holiday, I feel so weary with stress rather than feel sanctified due to all this unresolved new miserable experiences.  It's bad enough that you feel being tested but you can feel being pushed to a corner.  How you'll respond will depend how you pass or fail.

I'm trying hard to hear what the Lord is trying to tell me right now. I wish it would be something to reassure me rather than worry me.  Well I'll try my best celebrate Easter and remember that if Jesus rose from the dead, we can rise above this bad situation.  After that, it's back to grind.  Lord please let your words protect for I am weary as I try my best to hold on to the faith.



 .  

No comments: