Friday, March 29, 2013

Trying Not To Give In To Temptation And Remembering That God Loves Me: God Is God


It's the evening of Good Friday and as with every Lenten Season, I am making a few sacrifices as we remember the passion, death and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ.  Whenever I reflect on what He went through during the last days of his life here on earth, I remember that even though he felt fear about what he was about to go through, he went through with it nonetheless.  He did because he loved us and  wanted to save us from sin and he also taught us not to fear because he will always be there for us.  That though about always being there for us has always kept me going but these days I feel that we are all being put to the test and I try hard to remember that no matter what God is always there for us and song that reminds me of that is "God Don't Ever Change" by .  Blind Willie Johnson.

When we were young, we were always taught that God was there and that he always care for us and wants the best for us.  The problem is that as you grow older, there are many distractions and problems that can make you doubt that.  It's really tempting to just give up the faith when the going gets tough.  Right now, that's something that I am reflecting during this year's Lenten Season.  Though I have been shaken by a lot of bad news during the last few years, I still hold fast to that teaching that it won't change because what God has done no one can undo.

As I've said earlier, I am trying hard to keep the faith alive.  It isn't easy especially now that certain situations have worsen rather than improved.  Still I don't want to give in even though I feel so hurt by that.  A lot of times I have accepted the unacceptable as proof of my faith.  Still I do believe that things will change because if you try hard it will and that is something that God has taught me and it will never change.


No comments: