Thursday, March 14, 2013

The Feeling That Memories Stir Up: Come Get These Memories By Martha And The Vandellas


As I've said before, the reason why I love 24K Weekend (formerly 24K Friday) is because it plays a lot of songs that I grew up with.  Many of these songs have now become so rare that you can only hear it on 24K. Apart from that it's the next best thing to a time machine as the memories come alive with every great song played on that program.  It sure stirs up the emotion whenever you hear them play on the airwaves.  The emotions that stir deep inside me whenever I hear these songs reminds me of the song "Come And Get These Memories" by Martha And The Vandellas.

Although I've lost a lot of stuff that reminds me of the good old days, these songs help keep those days alive.  The songs that played when we partied with the pals on weekends and summer vacation.  The songs that remind us of the special girl that we once adored.  The songs that reminds us of the places where we all went to and hanged out where everyone knew each other.  So many good times that were kept alive by these cool songs.

Well even though the show has been taken off the air again, I still have my collection of 24K greats.  As I play them, I always get caught up in the songs as they take me back to the past.  I still can't believe how long it has been and how fast it went.  It gets me every time a song is played.  So many great memories that I will always treasure as long as I live.



No comments: