Monday, March 11, 2013

It Does And It's A Lot Worse The Second Time Around: History Never Repeats Itself By Split Enz


I keep writing about that "vicious" cycle because it keeps happening at certain points in my life.  As I've said before, it starts with a slow rise and just when I think things are looking so good, something happens and I find myself face first on the concrete and in pain. I as blog about this, I can feel that cycle happening again only it's much more vicious than when I was a kid.  That fear of repeating that cycle is bests described in the song "History Never Repeats" by Split Enz.

One reason why I hate that vicious cycle is because it gives me an indication that I haven't learned anything from the past.  The fact that it keeps happening in that order has gotten me paranoid.  I do what I can to avoid the repeat but alas, something either me slips by or it hits me flush in the face.  Either way, I find myself saying "here I go again".  Whenever I say that, it really gets me depressed because once again I fell into that vicious cycle's trap.

Despite always falling victim to it, I'm still determined to break the cycle.  People told me that anything is possible and that includes remaking your life.  Lately, that thought is the only thing that keeps me going when things are bad. As I go to bed, I still believe that I can break this cycle.  But leave no doubt, history does repeats itself when you don't learn from it and it can be worse the second time around.


No comments: