Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Family Is Everything: The Family Song By Smokey Robinson


Today is my father's birthday and although it's been three years, I still can't believe he's gone.  What's worse is that he died at the time when everything was going great with the family and every time I remember that, it still cuts me deep.  That's why I really value my family even more these days because they are the world to me.  I don't want to see anything bad happen to any of them.  When I hear Smokey Robinson's "Family Song", it reinforces that feeling that I have towards my family.

Why is family important?  Because they are the one's who are always there for you in the good times and bad.  They are the first ones who will rush to your side when things fall apart.  Even when they are in a bind, they'll still do their best to help you.  They do this because they love you and you are a part of them because you are family.

That is something that you should never forget.  No one else will love and support you the way they do. It is only just that you be there for them as they have done for you. So at the very least, keep those bonds strong for they run through your blood and your soul.  Family is everything and that is something that you should never forget.


1 comment:

John B. Marine said...

Hey there. I can relate to missing dad. My biological father died when I was a child. You've missed yours for three years; I've missed mine for about 23 years. There's very little I'd be able to accomplish to do without my family by my side. So family is VERY important. Be thankful and blessed if you have such a support system like a loving family.

johnbmarine.blogspot.com