Tuesday, March 5, 2013

I Don't Want To Get Up But I Have To: Why Get Up By The Fabulous Thunderbirds


Feeling a little low again.  If there isn't one problem ruining your mood, it's another.  Unlike comedy shows, problems can hit you very hard and in some cases drive you up the wall.  Times like that, I wish I could just sleep and not wake up.  Feeling that way reminds me of the song "Why Get Up" by The Fabulous Thunderbirds.

Just when I think things are getting good, something happens and everything just hits the fan.  It's been going on like that for the past couple of years.  The only time I feel at peace when the night sets in and everything has died down.  When I shut my eyes, I do the best I can to fall asleep even during times when I don't feel sleepy yet.  Sadly by the time I feel comfortable, my alarm clock rings and it's morning again and once again I have to face another crummy day where some will come out of the blues and sink me to a new low.

Though I wish I can stay in bed and not get up, I can't.  There are commitments that need to be met and issues that need to be addressed.  Apart from that, I have to earn my keep. Well, grown-up life isn't easy so you just have to live with it and deal with it as best as you can.  That's the reason why I have to get up but I don't want to.


No comments: