Saturday, March 9, 2013

It Will Come: A Change Is Gonna Come By Sam Cooke



If I remember right, I've used Henry Bergson's "Shipwreck Theory" twice on this blog now.  I fell in love with that theory because it reminds me that no matter how bad things are, it will pass. You just have to tough it out for a while.  Before you know it, the storm has passed and the good times are back.  That philosophy always carried me through the tough times.  Another good song that reminds that the tough times will end and a change will come is Sam Cooke's "A Change Will Come".

I read that Sam wrote this to describe the hardships and the hope during the Civil Rights Movement.  This could also describe the hardships that we face in our own personal lives.  When we're faced with so many problems and no one to give us a hand are times when life can be very hard.  Still, just like that line in Billy Joel's song "Second Wind", we just need a little faith to keep us going.  Before we know it, the worst is over.

I know I've been ranting a lot on my blog about all the things that get me down.  Still I believe that this storm is will past.  It's just taking a little longer than I thought.  That said, I still persevere through these tough times and I know I'm not the only one.  A change will come sooner or later and I will believe in that.


No comments: