Monday, March 25, 2013

What I Try To Do On Holy Week: Lead Me Lord By Gary Valenciano


I can't believe that it will be Palm Sunday this weekend.  This means that it is now the high point of the Lenten Week.  In my country, it's a holiday on Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, Friday, Black Saturday and Easter Sunday. For students and employees, it's the time for them to go their favorite hot spots but for the faithful, it is the time to reflect on the lasts days of Jesus from his from the Last Supper to his torture leading to the Resurrection in Easter. It is a sacred time where we remember the Lord's sacrifice and his triumph over death which should remind us that he did so to save us from sin.  A good song to start off this sacred week is "Lead Me Lord" by Gary Valenciano.

I won't go through the details of the things that we do on this most sacred time for us Christians.  I do know that during this time we should remember that our Lord came down on earth not to rule but to serve and more importantly to save us from sin.  The miracles he performed were done not as a magical gimmick but to show how much he is willing to help us even when it seems impossible.  The beatings, humiliation leading up to his crucifixion was done for our sake to destroy sin with his death on the cross.  The resurrection was proof of his power over death and those who believe would likewise enjoy eternal life.

I'm not a perfect person and I admit there are times when I make some mistakes that I really regret.  Whenever the season of Lent is upon us, it does remind me that there is hope and salvation.  That when all the sorrow and suffering is over, there is light at the end of the tunnel.  Sometimes I resist but at the same time, I still believe as it keeps me going through the tough times that I go through.  That's why when Lent is upon us, I really set all material things aside cause it's nothing compared to what Lord went through and He went through it for us.


No comments: