Thursday, March 7, 2013

One Of The Best Songs For Working Out And To Inspire: Gonna Fly Now (Rocky Theme) By Bill Conti


One routine that I haven't given up since I was a teenager was working out. I started working out with weights and martial arts to get in shape cause just like a lot of kids, I guess I wanted to look good.  Now that I'm getting older I still work out and there are times when I listen to music to get inspired.  One song that gets the blood pumping is "Gonna Fly Now"  from the movie "Rocky" by Bill Conti.

Who wouldn't be inspired by the scenes where Rocky was working out for his title match with Apollo Creed.  The weightlifting, bag punching, one-arm push-ups and of course the jogging.  Although some of the routine is not part of boxing's training, it does want you to get up and hit the gym.  I especially love the part where he was running up the steps and at the end of the song and started jumping up and down in triumph.  It means that you can overcome any obstacle if you're determined enough.

Apart from a great workout song, this also reminds you that anything is possible if you try hard enough.  That has always been what the Rocky saga is all about.  Working out isn't just about being fit but also about being inspired to overcome obstacles and achieve goals.  That's why I keep working out because I want to apply what I do in exercise to how I deal with life's obstacles.  Though I've been feeling down a lot lately, songs like these keep me going both in exercise and in life.



No comments: