Thursday, March 28, 2013

Prepare For His Return: Prepare Ye The Way Of The Lord


Whenever the Lenten Season comes around, it takes to the more serious side of our Lord Jesus Christ for here we reflect on the teachings that he spread, the miracles that he made and most important of all his suffering, death and resurrection.  It reminds us that death is not the end and that life is eternal.  It also tells us that  he will return when the time comes and that we must prepare ourselves for that day.  I guess a good song that describes that is "Prepare Ye The Way Of The Lord" from the Original Sound Track of God Spell.

During Lenten we reflect on Christ's sufferings, death and his rise from death to remind us that we too can overcome our own sufferings and lead a better life.  I have to admit that gives me some hope that things will change.  I'm not devout Christian but I still believe that the Lord is there nonetheless.  Though I've been feeling down lately, I still remember this and it keeps me going.  There are times when it lifts my spirits when nothing else does.

I guess the most important thing that we should always remember from all this is that when we go through trails, we shouldn't loose hope.  He made it through and so can we.  Another important thing is that he will return when the time comes.   Until then we do what we can and keep the faith.  That's probably the best way to prepare the way of the Lord.



No comments: