Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Keeping The Faith Alive In The Hopes Of Salvation: May Bukas Pa By Rico J. Puno



Well it's now the week of Lent and during this time we reflect on the life, death and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ.  During this time we also examine ourselves and repent for the sins that we have committed.  We do this because we want to conquer the death that sin brings and join our Lord on the day when he comes down from Heaven.  Lately, my faith has been a bit shaky but trying my best to keep it alive because part of me still believes in the promise of salvation.   This is the reason why I chose the song "May Bukas Pa" by Rico J. Puno.

Another reason why I chose this song is because last night I received some really bad news that filled my heart with worry.  Things are bad enough as it is and now we got more problems.  It filled me with doubts about my faith in God at time when I should trust in him even more.  I feel like we're being put under some kind of trial and we're stressed out as it is.  Some people out there may mistake me for some drama king but I guess needed something to reassure me that to keep the faith and this song is about that.

I lost my faith once and was angry for a long time and it didn't do me any good to ease the situation.   I don't want to do that again let alone do anything that I would regret for the rest of my life.  For now I'll do my best to keep the faith.  It's not going to be easy I need to keep my head on my shoulders now more than ever.  Keep the faith and it will pass and hopefully salvation is right there in the end.


No comments: