Friday, October 26, 2012

Up And Down, Round And Round And Back Again: Age By Jim Croce



Just sitting in my room savoring whatever time I have for myself.  The downside of doing that is that is when all the memories start flashing into head again.  The good that makes me feel warm followed by the bad that I deeply regret and if I had the opportunity I'd do it all over again.  The only time that I have for myself is at the office and I spend the time trying to beat deadlines from 8 to 5.  Right now I am reflecting on the up and down cycle that goes back to square one as I lisen to Jim Croce's song "Age".

This song reminds me of the ups and downs of my life and the sad fact that I wind up back at where I started.  Why is it when things are just getting better something happens and everything just gets shot to pieces.The bad is that it happened twice in my life and during what was supposed to be the best years of my life. It wasn't easy keeping it together when everything was against you.  Still you keep trying till things get back to normal.

Well here I am back where I started again.  Trying to remember what I have done wrong and what I have learned from it.  I just hope I get it right this time around.  I just want to get my life in order and stand on my own and most important of all have some peace of mind.  That's why I'm very careful as I go about things day after day.  Age hasn't been kind to me and I'm just feeling my way through as time goes by.


No comments: