The great about the 80's sounds was that even if the song was about how things were, the tun of the music was upbeat.  I guess it was because it was their was of keeping their chin up and moving on even when things have not gone well. Apart from that, it was great era and everyone was happy that even the sad songs were cheerful.  It was just a great to grow for a lot of us.  Another song that had that kind of contrast was "Tough All Over" by John Cafferty.

If Reo Speedwagon's "Summer Out Of Season" was upbeat even after getting dumped, this song was about hard times yet the tune was so uplifting,  You can tell that once you hear it.  Despite the fact that it tells about the tough times, you feel a slight ray of hope that things will be better.  Even if it tells it as it is, you don't feel despair when you hear it.  Instead, you feel pretty good and that's the mark of a good song.

Nowaday, I don't even know who's on top let alone what's hot and what's not.  Quite frankly, I don't care cause I'm sticking with the classics.  These were songs you can listen to all day long and feel good when the chips are down.  Well right now things are still a little chaotic around here but I am still determined to find a way.  With songs like this to, I can always get by.  That's because they give me optimism during the difficult times.