Saturday, October 27, 2012

Last Moments: Whiter Shade Of Pale By Procol Harum




Next week we will be observing All Saint's Day and All Soul's Day.  On those days, people will be flocking to the local cemeteries to visit the graves of their loved ones.  Though there are a lot of distractions like food stands and singing, the most important thing to do is remember the times that you had with your loved ones who departed this world.  It makes me wonder what how it will end when my time comes.  Keeping that in mind, I'm listening to the song "Whiter Shade Of Pale" by Procol Harum.

Ever since my grandfather's death, I came to hate funerals and hated it even more when my father passed away two years ago.  Still, it's a sad fact that death is an eventuality that we all have to face.  Keeping that in mind, I'm to wonder if I'll be able to get together before the time comes.    Will I have done all that I wanted to do and will everyone be happy?    Those that I wonder about the most when the time comes.

When I look down at the graves of my relatives, I often wonder if I'll ever get it right.  The times have been unkind and every year presents a problem harder than the first.  Still, things won't unless you change them.  Hopefully, I'll be able to do that when the time comes.  That way I'd have no regrets in the last moment.



No comments: