Saturday, October 6, 2012

Still Reminiscing About The Good Old Days: Old Days By Chicago





As I've said before, 24K Weekends (formerly 24K Friday) is the day when time stands still.  My ears are plugged on the radio as I wait for my requested tunes to play on air.  It's not just about hearing music that people have long since forgotten but also remembering the good times that happened when they were still on the air. It takes me back to those days as if they are happening right now.  A good to remember the old days is the song "Old Days" by Chicago.

When the music plays, it all comes back to life.  The times when you're laughing with your friends about the jokes and stories that they tell.  Going around the mall to watch a movie or play a few coin-operated games till you had no money.  Best of all was on the weekends where you either went to your friends house for a few brews and partied till the sun came up.  Back then, you thought those days would never end.

Today as I've always blogged is a different story.  Bills to pay and deadlines to catch are things that occupy my mind everyday of the week.  True, today we have the internet, smartphones, Ipods, Ipads and a host of other gadgets.  Still, I would give all away to go back in time just to relive the good times that I had with people who I care for.  Though there's no such thing as a time machine.  The old tunes are good enough to bring the old days back to life.




No comments: