Wednesday, October 31, 2012

When It's Cool To Be A Ghoul: Dead Man's Party By Oingo Boingo



As I punch out at the bungee clock and head home after a hard day's work, I see a lot of kids going to  different villages wearing various costumes.  They've got bags and buckets and are accompanied by their parents and nannies.  I smile as I see their excited faces as they venture forth to gather treats they can get from generous neighbors.  As you can guest, it's a Halloween where you can say it's a scary version of Christmas.  Thinking about the Halloween spirit reminds of Oingo Boingo's song "Dead Man's Party".

When I was a kid, I was never really into Halloween  as it was only practice among the posh neighborhoods where it was popular among foreign kids.  These days, everybody is into it, as they build their own costumes and do their own make-up to not only look the real thing but also impress their friends and families in this night where it's hip to be scary.  Though we're not participating this year, there's a part of me that hopes that kids will be coming home with a lot of goodies in their bags as they exchange their stories and trade their treats when the day is over.  I guess it's because I hate when someone gets left in an occasion where kids are suppose to have fun.  These having fun is what people need to have the most.

As for me, I'll be retiring early cause I'm really pooped from writing and captioning.  The next I'll be planning to go to the cemetery to pay my respects to my dad, uncle grandfather and grandmother.  As for those who going for some treats tonight, have fun but take care.  Also brush your teeth after eating all those sweets so as not to get any cavities.  It's that time of the year when it's cool to be ghoul so Happy Halloween.


No comments: