Monday, October 29, 2012

When The Night's Your Friend: Waiting For The Night By Depeche Mode



Every time I thought the day would be good, I hear bad news that makes it all bad.  When that happens, I really feel a tightening in chest and I lose my appetite after hearing the news. The only thing that will bring me comfort is when night finally comes.  That way  I can get some shelter from the storm.  That's I'm listening to the song "Waiting For The Night" by Depeche Mode.

Once everything is said and done, I finally retire to my room.  I lay on my bed and try to get some sleep.  I makes sure I loosen up in the hopes that when I close my eyes everything goes away.  I let myself get lost in the drowsiness and take comfort as I drift into lala land.  I stay that way for a good eight to nine hours.  Just enough time to make sure that I am rested enough for the demands of the day.  

True everything is closed when the night comes.  All there is darkness and silence when it comes.  Still it offers shelter and solace when the day has not gone well. It brings closure to a really bad day.  Best of all as the night ends, a new day is born and with new hopes and new dreams.  In times like that, I can really say that the night can be one's friend.



No comments: