Monday, March 23, 2009

Of Remembering Good Times And Neon Lights: Remember The Nights By The Motels



Everytime come home from work, I feel like there's nothing else I want to do but hit the hay and go to la-la land. Apart from that, the only thing that's on my mind is what I have to do the next day or will I make the deadline for my reports. It makes me pine for the times when I was younger and every weekend was blast as we either fenced swords, got drunk, go to a friends house and so on. There was always something great to do and you had great people to it with. I still remember those good times make me want to listen to the song, "Remember The Nights" by The Motels.

A lot of good things come to my mind when I hear this song. Among them were cheap candy bars, good beer, neon lights that was very in during the day and of course, my brothers' laughter. Whether we were at home or cruising the brightly lit neon streets looking for something to do and life was never boring. Everything was simple and we thought those days would never end. Man, those days were a blast!!

These days everything we do is now stamped witht the word RESPONSIBILITY. Everything else takes a backseat as you what you can to make it through the day. A lot of times, you wonder what the future has instore for you, especially now that times are tough and every penny counts. I guess it's now our turn to do the daily toil and do the best that we can to make ends meet. Despite the hectic days that dominate my life, I still have the memories of those great times that were bathed in neon lights. I'll always remember the nights, thanks to 24K songs like these that keep them alive in my mind and in my heart.

No comments: