Friday, March 27, 2009

A Chance To Change The Past: If I Could Turn Back Time By Cher



Once again I'm going to blog about a topic using a video that my brothers might criticize me for but I can't think a more appropriate song for this. Everytime I listen to 24K Weekend, it never fails that I get sentimental about memories of the past. A lot of those memories were of things that were never meant to be or things that could have been which could have changed me for the better,but sadl crumbled to dust. Memories like those really start to get when I start reaching out for a cigar and some booze to dull the pain. A lot of times I wonder if I was given the chance to turn back time and go back change things, would make my life better? That's what I think of when I hear the song "If I Could Turn Back Time" by Cher.

For some reason, this song brings up a lot of memories of things that I wanted to come true. For some reason, they didn't come about because the things that I did or didn't do. If I was given such a chance, I'd dive in and give it all that I've got because if there was such an opportunity, this would be it. Whether the end results would be different, it'll depend on how much I gave my all for that one shot at redemption. I wouldn't know of anyone would refuse such an opportunity if it came their way.

I really don't know if chances like this really exists because all I know is that we're left with whatever life gives us at the moment. No matter what that is we've got to build with it while we still can. Things aren't so bad if we never get that chance because there are still other choices out there if we look hard enough. In the end, the past is the past and we should move on while we still can. Still, it'd be pretty cool to turn back time and get the chance to change things even if it's just a thought.

No comments: