Monday, March 16, 2009

The Thunderbolt Song: You Are The Woman By Firefall



I remember in the book and movie version of The Godfather where Michael Corleone was strolling along the fields with his bodyguards when he saw a young peasant girl and he was instantly captivated by her. His feelings for the girl were genuine and after a brief courtship they were quickly married. His bodyguards called his reaction towards the girl "The Thunderbolt" where woman has captured a man's heart in an instant. It's incredible what happens when one fall instantly at first glance. Whenever I remember that scene, it reminds of Firefall's "You Are The Woman".

Whenever someone like that would come you're way, it makes you glad you're a man. Although not everyone goes through that kind of whirlwind courtship. Although many of us are strickened at first glance, it takes a little more time and a little more effort. If we really want it that badly, then we'll go through all lengths just to win her. If we do win, then it was worth it. If not, then it wasn't a genuine "thunderbolt". Well, better luck next time then.

I admit I had several of this heartstruck episodes myself. Sadly, I'm not as lucky as Micheal Corleone and a lot got away. Well right now, there are a lot of things that I have to attend to and I don't know if I'll ever see another like that again. Still when whenever the sight of a beautiful woman is enough to brighten any real man's day. Even for a brief moment, they still a little bit of me when I see them and that moment is good enough for now.

No comments: