Tuesday, March 24, 2009

We're All Special/Appreciate Yourself: Brass In Pocket



Tough times are really upon us these days and it shows. Whether it's the television, the radio or the newspapers, you hear companies closing and workers getting laid off. To top it all off, whatever vacancies that are there don't fit the qualifications that job applicants studied for in college. Yet despite all these bad developments, we must never forget that there's light at the end of the tunnel and no matter what, we all got something inside that society can benefit from. That's the lesson that I learned when I hear the song "Brass In Pocket" by The Pretenders.

I know those are big words from a guy who spent some time in phantom zone, before getting it together. One I did learn is to take stock of the things that I can do and see how that can turn things around (apart from some help from friends and relatives). Another is to always remember that you have gifts and abilities that could help others and that you should use them to the fullest. Most important of all, appreciate what you are doing and yourself because by doing so, it gives meaning to who you are and what you do. Even if all you got is "brass" pockets, remember that you earned it through honest, hard work which is better than i-ll gotten dough.

I know few "brass" change is not enough to live on these days, especially when there are people who depend on you a lot, but don't loose hope and keep on working. I have to admit that I'm trying to find ways to improve things around here which is difficult to do. Hopefully, if I try hard and do the right moves, I might just do that. Till then, I'll do what I can with these "brass" in my pocket to help out. I admit there are times when hardships get me down, but I'll get over it because I'm special and so everyone else which is why we're still here.

No comments: