Monday, March 2, 2009

Cure-All/Salvation Song: Ace In The Hole By Paul Simon



Well things still haven't changed and if it has, the outlook is getting worse. Even though people go about like there's nothing to worry about, deep inside, their paranoid about what the future brings. At times like these, people try to find some kind of remedy that would help carry them through the tough times. Whatever it may be, so long as it's something that can save the day or soothe their worried souls, the important thing is that it saves the day. That's the idea that I get when I listen to Paul Simon's song "Ace In The Hole".

This song takes me back to the gym days when all we did was buy junk food, hung around and drank all day long. Back then, this song made me feel good everytime I watched it and now that I'm older I know the reason why. During these hard times, people got find something that will carry them through and lately that's what I've been trying to find. I know that I've made a lot of bad choices and wasted a lot of good opportunities and right now I'm looking for something that would carry me through the years while there's time to look for it. I'm not doing this for myself but for people around me and I hope I find that soon.

As consequence of my actions, I've been trying to find ways to finally stand on my own which is my ace-in-the-hole. Something that once I've found it, there's nothing else that I would ask for. This ace-in-the-hole is different from person to person it could be money, a person, religion, etc. The important thing is that it's something that can save the day. Right now I haven't found it, but once I do, I will share it. I know it's out there and all I have to do is look harder.

No comments: