Saturday, March 28, 2009

We'll See Them: When Will I See You Again By Three Degrees



When I first heard that 99.5 Rt's 24K program returned to the airwaves, it was the best news that I heard in a long time. My only critique with the program's revival is that it limited its playlist to 80's and 90's songs and though I'm glad they retain most of the hit songs of my generation, I miss the time when they played songs from the 70's and even the 80's. Not just the standard hits, but also those rare ones that seldom get played. One 70's song that I admit relaxes me is by the trio Three Degrees called "When Will I See You Again".

Everytime, I hear this song, it reminds of the Sunday afternoons where we all huddled in an airconditioned room and did all kinds of funs stuff. More so, this song also reminds me of a lot of people who I want to see again. There were a lot of cool people who I met in my life and then disappeared into thin air and I never saw them again. There were also a lot of girls who I wish I got to know better before the chapter ended. As I have always said, whenever 24K belts out the tunes, I can't help but ask where are they now?

One of the things that I regretted was that I just slip away with time and I don't where they are or what they are doing. I had a lot of good times with these people whether I knew them for a long or short time. Each left such an impression on me that they remain in my mind and heart to this day. I do so hope that they are doing well for I am grateful for the times that we spent in the past. If God is willing, I'd like to see them all again and spend some time with them like the way things were back then.

No comments: