Saturday, March 7, 2009

To A Cool Girl I Use To Know: Jackie Blue By The Ozzark Mountain Daredevils



It's not surprising for guys who to talk about a "special someone" who walked into their lives and turned it up-side-down. Some won the girl while others didn't and she still looms largely in their memories. Even if they didn't win the girl, they wouldn't speak harshly of her and instead remember the good times that they shared. Some are even greatful that they have met such a person because for a brief time that person brightened their lives. Whenever I think of such a girl, I listen to the song "Jackie Blue" by The Ozzark Mountain Daredevils.

I still remember her from way back when and everytime I saw her, she always had a way of stopping my heart. She always smiles and is very friendly to a lot of people. The first time I had a long conversation with her, I felt really different when I came home. I felt all charged up, like white hot steel that just came out of the furnace and my smile was from ear to ear. Even though she went with someone else, I still think highly of her for making me feel that way for the first time in my life.

I know all of us guys have their own Jackie Blue out there and they always have place in our hearts. They would always be special because they showed us a different side of life that we never knew existed at the time. To say it in one sentence, they taught what it love feels like for the first time. I don't know where my Jackie is but I do know she's in a good place and that she's happy. I am forever greatful for her for teaching me that and I wish her all the happiness in the world.

No comments: