Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Feel Good Stroll Song: The Valley Road By Bruce Hornsby And The Range



One of the reasons why I keep my ears glued to 24K Weekends is because not only does it take me back to the good old days, but it also takes a week load of stress off my shoulders. From morning to evening, listening to yesterday's music is the next best thing to a time machine. What makes it even more memorable is the fact that many of these songs aren't being played anymore and most of them were heard only on RT. Bottomline is that they all make me feel good and the fact that you only get to listen to it on a weekend makes them even more valuable. One song that makes me feel good after a hard week is from Bruce Hornsby And The Range called "The Valley Road".

I remember this song whenever I hitched a ride to go to school. When there wasn't anything good on the radio, this cassette was on the player and that was the first song that I would play and for some reason, it made me feel good about starting the day. Nowadays when I walk to work or go home by foot, I always play this song in my head and for some reason I feel really good. That's great this songs are during the weekend. They really chase the blues away.

Nowadays this song is cool to play when things don't work as planned. Sure, it hurts when things don't turn out the way you want them to, but you just got to let it go and start anew. A lot of things had happen to me that didn't go too well, but when this song starts playing all of that just vanishes from my mind and I take a stroll. Each step becomes lighter as thing song chases the blues away. A smile starts to form and I just walk on. Just walk and feel good cause that's what really happens when I play this song.

No comments: