Thursday, March 26, 2009

Aerobic Tights And A Girl Who Looked Great Wearing Them: I'm So Excited By The Pointer Sisters


One thing that I can't forget about the 80's was when the aerobics craze hit the scene. What made it unforgetable was the spandex tights that girls put on when they did their workout. I remember when the girls did a dance number involving aerobics, all us guys froze in our seats with our jaws and tongues dropping to the floor. Man, those were the days!! Whenever I remember that trend, it reminds me of the song "I'm So Excited" By The Pointer Sisters.

Although this song was primarily heard on dance gigs, I remember one particular time when there was one of those school events were there were several intermission numbers going on. One particular number that got us excited was when a bunch a girls clad in spandex suits did an aerobics number on stage and in the middle jumped probably the most desired girl of that schoolyear. She turn a guy into an owl by making his head turn a full 360 just to get a glimpse of her. To see her in that tight outfit could paralyze a guy faster than a stun gun. Simply put, to see her perform in that outfit was like a 30 course feast for the eyes.

To this day, that dance number is still firmly burn in my mind. I'm not surprised if a lot of male batchmates who witnessed it, feel the same way. It was one of the most graceful and sexy live performances that I ever saw in teen years. I really don't what happened to her right now, but I'll never forget her because of that. Aerobics really gave us guys something to look forward to back and I thank the people who made it popular because it performances like that really got us excited.

No comments: