Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Working At Night/Extra Income: Night Shift By Quaterflash



I remember when call center jobs started appearing on the want-ads on newspapers. Sure the pay was good and so were the benefits. I decided to try it out because at that time, it was something new and opportunities were scarce. Unfortunately, when I finally got into one, something very happened which distracted me and caused me to get cut from the program. Man, did I feel miserable for a long, long time. Whenever I read or watch anything about the call-center agency or any shift-work for that matter, I remember the song "Night Shift" by Quaterflash.

This was a very rare song that was played by RT when I was a kid and is real hard find. When I think back about what had happened back then, I guess it was for the best. I prefer to write than talk and I'm more of a morning person. I know the pay is high and the benefits are good, but I'll be too tired to enjoy it and things I want to do would probably conflict with the activities I would spend my pay with. Well some things aren't meant to be and this is one of them.

Be that as it may, atleast the call center industry has provided a lot of work for people in this country. A lot of people continue to apply or work in this industry. I have to bow my head to people who do this kind of work because it takes a toll on your body and mind and that's no understatement. A people who work here and in other shifting schedules jobs have sacrificed a lot just to make more income for themselves and their loved ones. More power to all of you who work on the night shift.

No comments: