Sunday, March 29, 2009

Girl Buddies: Me And My Bobby McGee By Janis Joplin



Sometimes when you'e with a girl, it doesn't necessarily mean that you are romantically involved. A lot of times, it's cool to have a girl for a buddy cause they can fill in when you need someone to talk to and your bros and buds aren't there. Sometimes the advice they give you is just as good as the ones that your male friends impart to you when your confused. It's during times like these that I appreciate the fact that women can be capable as men when they make you feel good in a "barkada" way. One song that reminds me of that is Janis Joplin's song "Me And Bobby McGee".

Although it's more of a romance song, I feel that this is a song I can listen to when I think about all my female friends were at one time or another were good to me when times were tough. A remember a lot of them could match me drink for drink whenever there we'd gather around. Some gave me paper when I ran out and we had a test while others were just plain good to talk to when you need some converstion for your soul. Just like a lot of my male friends, they made me feel good at times when I was down and I appreciate it.

A lot of times, I think about where they are and if they're all ok. The trouble with me is that I loose a lot of contacts and have difficulty finding them again. I hope I see them again together with a lot of other people who I miss, especially now when the pressure is hard and there's no one to talk to. Still, like a lot of good memories, the times I spent with them is still alive inside me. For now, it will do.

No comments: