Tuesday, August 7, 2012

The One Prayer I Would Like Answered: Keep Me Safe By Peter Murphy




A few weeks ago, I remember while hearing mass, the priest said in his homily that when we pray we should not pray to be better people.  He said that we shouldn't pray for material things for that is not what God expects from us.  I agree with him and as a result, I decided to re-evaluate what it is I should pray for.  If all the things that I pray for doesn't come true, there's one thing I do pray for above all and that the Lord keep my family safe from harm.  Hoping that He would answer that prayer reminds me of the song "Keep Me From Harm" by Peter Murphy.

A lot of times, the things I pray for always comes up empty if I am lucky.  Most of the time, the opposite happens and I'm left to accept the unacceptable.  That's I bitter pill to swallow.  I can stomach that if its just about myself or my own personal aspirations.  But if something happens to my family, I'm afraid I can't accept that.  

I can bear being the fool of the family but it's a role I would not want others to go through.  So when something bad happens to any of them, it really affects me a lot.  They are married and have families and it pains me if something happens to them.  I don't mind not having my prayers answered about trivial things because in the end, those are not the things one should pray for.  But if there's one prayer that I want answered is happiness and safety of me and my family for they mean the world to me.


No comments: