Wednesday, August 22, 2012

A Storm To Calm A Storm: Quiet Storm By Smokey Robinson



Anyone who dislikes Smokey Robinson is crazy.  The man's magical voice works wonders for the soul.  A lot of times when one is troubled, all you have to do is play one of his songs and everything gets better.  It's better than a bag of Prozac.  One song that I'm listening to now is "Quiet Storm".

Lately, I've been troubled by a a lot of things that really stressed me out.  You can say that it sure has brewed  up a storm that nobody talks about but feels its effects.  I was thumbing through the youtube channels when I came across this song.  I gave it a listen and I have to admit I feel a little better. Smokey's song sure hit the spot.

Well, I still have to deal with reality after this.  I don't know when these things will be resolved but I still have faith that it will be.  I guess I just have to bear it a little.  Still despite the storm that's been brewing around here, this song about a quiet storm sure helps in calming me down.  A storm to calm a storm, how ironic.



1 comment:

John B. Marine said...

My personal all-time favorite of Smokey Robinson is "Just to See Her." But yeah- this guy is a magician with his great singing.

johnbmarine.blogspot.com