One of my favorite comedy shows when I was a kid was "Chico And The Man"  that tells the story about a young Mexican who works for a cranky and grouchy old man.  Despite their difference, they always get along in the end.  It starred the late Freddie Prinze and the late Jack Albertson and I always laughed at the contrast between Chico's youth and exuberance compared to the old man's introverted and stubborn ways.  I also liked the catchy theme song that gets the show rolling that had the same title that was sung by Jose Feliciano.

This was one of those shows that I looked forward to watching back in the day.  But apart from the well-written script and great theme song, there's another reason why I liked this show was because it helped me learn more about getting with difficult people.  Like or not, there are times when we paired with people we are uncomfortable with or in some cases very grouchy individuals.  I get that a lot because I try to get along with people.  Still, if you find some common ground with them, it can turn out to be something good. It's just a matter of finding out what makes them tick.

On the surface, people can be very different.  it's takes a lot of effort but if you really try, you might find out you may have a lot in common.  I guess that's why I get paired with the difficult ones.  Still every time that happens, it's a good learning experience.   That's what I got from that show:  a lot of laughs and getting along with others.