Saturday, January 2, 2010

What I Feel When The DJ Doesn't Play My Request: Panic By The Smiths




Whenever it's 24K Weekend, I do all that I can so to make sure that my request gets played. Loading up my cellphone or dialing the hotline non-stop until I can convey my request to the DJ. The next part is to keep my ears glued to the radio and wait for my request to get played and when it does, my day is complete. There are times, however, after all that effort, for some reason, my request doesn't get played, it really ruins my day. The song "Panic" by The Smiths pretty sums up my mood when they don't play my request.


24K only comes around the weekend so it is only during that time when time stands still and we all want to hear the songs that brings us back to the goods times of our youth. Apart from that, 24K also has a collection of songs that were seldom or never played on others stations and many don't have music videos and some songs are so rare that even surfing through the internet is impossible to locate them. I hate when the DJs says he'll check to see if it was played even if it wasn't, making you unsure if he will play it or not. There are also those who don't play your request but manage to play another song twice if not three times during the weekend which is against the rules. When they do that, it really makes me mad and I really want to go to the station and tells guys off: you won't play request but you played a lesser twice today?!!! Well !#!#!%#$$ you!!!!

These songs are so precious to those who listen to this program and it hurts when we don't hear it played. They now even have a rule where you can't play it twice during the weekend but for some reason, some songs manage to played twice or more during the weekends. I would propose that if a song got played on a Saturday, then it shouldn't be played anymore on that day and just play it again once on a Sunday because there are a lot of people who like that song and you fault them if they want to hear it again. Also, strict monitoring of the rules because there are some there who won't play a song twice but manages to play another song twice or more so and should be given notice. These songs are rare classics and to deny them the chance to hear it is cruel and if dj doesn't play it, it is tempting to hang the dj.

No comments: