Friday, January 29, 2010

Knowing Is Half The Battle: I know What I Like By Huey Lewis And The News




If there's any advice I would give to the young is know what you want and go for it. The most successful people out there knew what they wanted in life and did what had to be done to get it. Some got lucky while others tried something else and others became miserable. If you really want and if it makes you happy then, go for it. Now I understand what Huey Lewis meant in the song "I Know What I Want".

People who are successful are often those who stay the course. A lot of times, others would discourage them by telling them that they're not good enough or belittle their dreams which I find mean. Who are these people to say such cruel things when they themselves have settled for less or moaning opportunities that they lost. For these people, misery loves company and pulls others down because they themselves failed to get what they want. I wish people like that would shut up because who are they to say such things.

Still, once you know what it is that you want, it's just the first half of it. You to know what it takes to get there as well as what you have to make it happen. It won't just land on your lap just because it's what you want. Most important of all, learn things that will help you achieve your goal and be willing to listen to suggestions which are different from snide remarks because they'll help in the long run if you use them right. If you are able to do that, then you made it my friend.

No comments: