Sunday, January 17, 2010

That Alienated Feeling: Under The Bridge By The Red Hot Chili Peppers




When I was first thrusted into the world, it wasn't exactly a pleasant experience. Growing in what was then an isolated area, I wasn't really comfortable outside my home. Back then, every time I left the house, I feel like I'm leaving earth and heading to another planet. Because of that, a lot of people often misunderstand me and back then, that happened a lot. The song "Under The Bridge" by The Red Hot Chili Peppers remind of those awkward days when I found it hard to fit in.

As I've said before, I was very much a loner when I was young. On top of that, I also went against the flow, meaning that while everyone else was soaking themselves on the music and style of the time, I was more retro and thus was the odd man out. I really couldn't relate to the music, to the style and most of all, to the culture back then, Thank God, I found Dr. Wu, Felonius and others guys who could relate with me. They did a lot to help me through this strange new world which I had a hard time finding myself in.

You know I still carry a lot of the principles that I had back then. Although this time around I've mellowed with age and learned to get along with others. Atleast now, I realized that I can be myself and still be accepted into other circles if I find a common where I can establish a rapport with my peers. You know no man is an island. Even the most reclusive loner will come to that point where that alienated feeling wears thin and realizes that he needs the company of others to survive.


Red Hot Chili Peppers - Under the Bridge

Sarah | MySpace Video

No comments: