Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I Always Drive Him Nuts With That Song: Automatic Man By Micheal Sembello




For some reason when I was in High School, I became friends with a very obnoxious guy. He never liked jokes or being called names and always chased after those who teased. Though we were friends, I was the one who teased him the most and for that, I find myself being chased by him every break period in school. If I were to compile all the jokes that I teased him with was called "Automatic Man" by Micheal Sembello.

I'm not really a fan of this song, but when I hear it I remember that obnoxious guy who would go crazy after I teased him with this song. The reason for this was because the video featured a silver-colored man who moved like a robot and it reminded me of him which he didn't take it very well the first time I used it on him. Needless to say, when the bell rang, it was time to run and I didn't run because I was scared but because it was just so funny teasing him at the time and the look on his face was priceless. Whenever it was time to go home and the car came, I threw my bag and jumped and as I looked behind me, I would see him jump up and down because he couldn't run after the car. Man, was he crazy!

The last that I heard from him was six years ago. He now works for the army and has the rank of an officer. Still for me, he's still that obnoxious guy who would chase after me after a joking everyday during class break. Even now some my batchmates talk about those crazy escapades that I had with him. Those were funny times and he was a funny guy.

No comments: