Monday, January 18, 2010

Another Song That Pissed My Friend Off: Curly Shuffle By Jump The Saddle




Apart from enjoying good music, one of the uses that I found for the songs from RT was to tease a friend of mine who easily gets pissed when someone jokes him. I already mentioned this in my "Automatic Man" entry a while back. Modify the song to focus on him and you have a raving lunatic coming at you from out of nowhere. I couldn't help it because for some sadistic reason, I found it amusing. Another song that drove him off the wall was "The Curly Shuffle" by Jump The Saddle.

Anything that would make him look foolish was enough to tick him off. I remember singing this song, he would suddenly go ballistic. He would shove his big nose at my face and say those immortal words, "D#$#$% you, boy, d@#@% you!!!" and the chase begins. As I've stated before, when the bell rang for lunch and recess, it was time to run. Boy, did we make a spectacle of ourselves.

Since then, every time I see a chase scene on the tv or the movies, it brings me back to those days. I guess by he's out-grown it. I wish that he'd curb his obnoxiousness. He doesn't know when to quit whenever he's ticked off. As for me, I still get a laugh at those times when I drive him up the wall.

No comments: